Saturday, March 22, 2008

What a fun day!



Wow, we packed a lot into this day! We got an early start and have been busy ever since. This morning I took the kids to St.Timothy's for Easterfest. It was a carnival type thing with cute games, crafts, the Easter story and an egg hunt. Adam had fun & got to see Grandma who was there helping. (We left Jacob at home, doing his favorite Saturday activity...cleaning!)

After the carnival, Mom & I took the kids to Chick-fil-a for lunch where for the THIRD time Adam climbed to the very top of the play ground and got too scared to come down. The other kids tried to help him but he, once again, would not come down. He started crying for Grandma, and like any good Grandma would, there she went, climbing up to the top to get the little monkey. I think we are going to take a break from those fast food playgrounds for a while.

Anyway, we came home and everyone took a nap, while I worked on the kids scrapbooks for a little while. THEN...Jacob went to pick up a playhouse that we got for FREE from freecycle! Adam was so excited when he came back with that new toy! He didn't even care that the door was missing! :) We played outside with that for a while.

Then after a Walmart run and a quick stop at Grandma & Papa's we came home and dyed Easter eggs! The kit we got had stickers to make little zoo animals with the eggs. Adam enjoyed that & Daddy did too! :) We finally got the kids to bed, I baked some cookies for tomorrow & now we have to help the Easter bunny with a few things!

See what I mean, could we have fit another thing into this day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE to FREECYCLE! right now i'm giving alot of crap away for my move. hahahaha. it's good that you got something good out of it :)

Adam is such a cutie. :D

Maurice & Amy Jacques said...

what a clever idea, Free Cycle, I don't know if they have that here in BR. You & Jacob are such great parents!!