Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. We did! We missed being with the big group in Baton Rouge, but we had a great day here! I took lots of pictures but haven't been able to upload them yet. (Sarah stole my camera cord & I haven't found it yet!). I'll add them soon!

We celebrated with my parents before they left to go out of town. We had a wonderful time there. My parents love Christmas & always do so much to make Christmas special for the kids (even us big kids). We have lots of family traditions that I am enjoying passing on to my kids. Guess what my mom got me?? A sewing machine! I'm excited to learn how to use it.

Jacob had to work on Christmas Eve. :( The kids & I spent the day watching Christmas movies, making cookies for Santa & playing with the new toys from Grandma & Papa. We went to the Christmas Eve service at church, which was wonderful, as always. After church we decorated a gingerbread house. When Jacob got home, we left out some cookies for Santa, and sprinkled magic reindeer food in the lawn. We read The Night Before Christmas and then Adam insisted on going to bed!! He was ready for Santa!

Jacob & I had to wake the kids up on Christmas morning! Sarah was so excited when she saw a wagon under the tree. She climbed right in it & wanted to sit in it to open her gifts. Her other favorite gift was an Elmo that sings and talks. Adam loves his new pirate ship. They got lots of fun things this year.

Jacob's family joined us for turkey dinner and we exchanged gifts with them. We played Rock Band, which was very funny to watch. His family is so much fun!

It was a wonderful day with family!! Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Jara said...

Let's get together and make some sewing projects! We should have a craft/scrapbooking day with all the girls:)