My Patriotic Princess!
Cutie!
(having our own parade!)

I hope everyone had a great day today! Ours was wonderful- for the most part. Okay, there were a few things about it that were less than wonderful...
1. Jake had to work most of the day :(
2. Our house was a huge mess, so I had to break my "no cleaning on holidays" rule. You know I'm a rule follower, so I hated to do that!
3. My mom & I had the great idea to take the kids to the bike parade. That sounds fun, right? Well...it was at the HOTTEST part of the day, where they ride around a park path with NO shade, and they put the wrong start time on the website, so we kind of missed the whole thing! Not wonderful. :( The kids didn't care and said we could just have our own parade. They had fun playing on the bounce houses but we didn't stay very long, it was just too hot!
Anyway, once we cooled off, got a snow-cone & sat in the shade for a little bit we were much better! We went back to the park which had cooled off some! Jacob got off work and met us! (See how things are getting better!). We listened to the bands, danced with the kids & hung out with Becky & Vicki's family. Then we watched the fireworks! I love watching fireworks, especially when they are set to patriotic music like these were! I felt very proud to be an American, thankful for our troops, and thankful for my family! It turned out to be a wonderful night! :)
(just relaxing, waiting for the fireworks!)
My sweet family
No comments:
Post a Comment