Thursday, September 10, 2009

Conversations with the kids

I just wanted to document some of the cute & funny things the kids have been saying lately so I can remember it later. Sarah is talking so much now. She can say pretty much everything that she wants to say. We don't understand everything all the time but she can get her point across! She's very girly & dramatic. When I show her a shirt or pair of shoes she says "Oh! Cute!" She already has an opinion about what she wants to wear! She always wants to wear a shirt with a character on it. One day I already had something picked out for her to wear. She wanted to wear a Tinkerbell shirt. I said she couldn't wear it because there weren't any pants to match it. She said "I want Daddy." Then Adam said "She wants Daddy because he can always find pants." :) She also sings "Jesus Loves Me" all the time. It's very cute. She sings it when she is falling asleep & lots of other times throughout the day too. Her other new thing is she will give us a hug and say "love you too!" She's been saying "love you" for a while now, so I guess she got used to us saying "love you too" so now that's what she says. She's so funny!

Adam has been experimenting with big words lately. One day he asked me if he was "available to open the dishwasher?" and one day he didn't want to wear a shirt I picked out for him because it was too "expensive." He was telling me about his first day of school. He said that his shoe came untied and he asked another boy if he could tie it. I asked him if the boy helped him, and he said "he didn't say a word." I don't know why I just thought that was so funny. The last thing was today we were reading his new Bible. It was a part that was talking about when Jesus comes back. I guess he didn't know about that & said "Jesus is coming back? To earth?" I told him that's what the Bible says & that everyone that loves Jesus will get to go to Heaven then. Without really even thinking about it he said "Well, we better hang on to our Bibles!" I'm not exactly sure what he meant there, but I thought it was neat that he was thinking about such spiritual things! I just love the things they come up with!

1 comment:

Jara said...

Angie, I could just squish them, they are so cute! Funny little tooterbugs!!!!