Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year from the Garrett's!


Well I didn't like the way 2009 ended. I spent my day with two very sick little monkeys. Poor babies- today was just miserable. We were hoping to get together with friends but we ended up staying home on the couch. I did break out the party hats (you know I did!) We counted down, said Happy New Year (early) and tucked them in bed. Now I am up late because I wanted to try a new recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls. The idea was I'd make them tonight & just heat them up in the morning but I didn't mean to wait till after midnight to get started! While they are baking, I thought I'd wish you all a Happy New Year!

It's officially 2010! That's crazy! I decided tonight that the reason that seems so crazy to me is- I don't remember when the 80's started, I don't remember when the 90's started but I DO remember when the 2000's started and it does NOT seem like that long ago. I guess time flies when you're having fun. And these past ten years have been soooo much fun! I was also thinking about how much my life has changed over the past ten years. This time ten years ago I was a college student being supported by my parents (that was nice!), dating a boy named Jacob :) (he was alright I guess!) I was a new Christian. I had gone to church my whole life but it was around that time that our family started visiting a "non-denominational" church where I learned that it really wasn't about my religion but my relationship with God that mattered to Him. It sounded so much simpler and easier to understand and I made the decision to follow Him wherever he led. That was certainly the best decision I ever made. He has blessed me beyond what I ever could have imagined! Since ringing in 2000, I graduated from college, became a teacher, married the love of my life, did lots of traveling, became an aunt (twice), had a precious baby boy, and began my dream job of being a stay-at-home mom. We found a wonderful church (The Met), got baptized, met some of my best friends, had a sweet baby girl...these have been the most amazing ten years! It's kind of bittersweet that they are gone. But at the same time I look forward to seeing what God has planned for our family for the next ten years! I'm sure they will fly by too! Happy New Year to all of my friends and family! I'm thankful to have each of you in my life!

No comments: