10~ The final season of LOST. It might not sound like a highlight to everyone but Jake and I seriously loved this show! I really don't know that there will ever be another show quite like it. Considering we spent 121 hours of our lives on this show it gets a place on my top ten!
9~ iphone/facebook/words with friends. For our 8th anniversary (see number 8) Jake got me an iphone! Again, this might not sound that exciting but for me it was. It's a quick easy way for me to stay in touch with my friends and family through facebook and to play my favorite game (Words with Friends) with some of my favorite people. I am completely convinced that it's these brief interactions with the outside, adult word that keeps whats left of my sanity intact. So, while it might not sound that important, it gets to be number 9 on my top 10!
8~ Celebrating 8 Years of Marriage with the love of my life. Jake works so hard for our family. He's an awesome dad and husband and he helps me so much at home. He's funny and fun to be around. I'm beyond thankful to have him by my side on this crazy adventure that is our wonderful life!
7~ The exciting news that we were pregnant with baby #3!
6~ Papaw's Birthday Party- This is a bittersweet one. My sweet Papaw passed away in 2010. He was such an amazing person. Everyone who knew him loved him. He was the smartest person I've ever known, a man of integrity and love for his family and his country. He was a leader and an example to our family. We all loved him so much. His birthday party this summer was a highlight for this year because we were all there together, enjoying the day with family and friends, celebrating with a man we all loved so much.
5~ Starting homeschool and Adam starting kindergarten. Adam is such a sweet boy and I am so proud of him. I love getting to spend this time with him- helping him as he learns to read and write. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity!
4~ My girly girl starting ballet! I've been saying it for the last 3 years- I'm so excited to have a girl! I love all of the girly things that she enjoys and it's been fun watching her as our little ballerina!
3~ Our new home. What a huge blessing for us to have been able to purchase a home in 2010! Thank you God!! We love our house and our neighborhood and I'm so thankful to be here! We are having fun making it our own!
2~ Finding our new church home. We are still new there but already I am thankful for our new church and what God is doing in our lives through Lifepoint Church!
1~ Baby Chase! Does it get any better than that! Having a sweet, precious new baby was by far the highlight of our year! I love being a mom and wife & adding this new one to our family has been amazing!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment