Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Day In The Life

One of the blogs that I read (Kelly's Korner) is doing a "day in the life" series. I thought it would be fun to keep track of what one of my days looks like. This might be super boring for someone else to read but I thought it would be fun to look back when my kids were older and see what our days were like. So...here's what we did today!
We have been staying home, and mostly inside all week. When Adam woke up today he asked if we could have donuts for breakfast. I told him we could walk to the donut store before it got too hot. I fed Chase, fixed Jake some lunch and coffee for work. We said good-bye to him, got the stroller and took off on our walk.We got our donuts and took them to the park to eat and play. We love this little tree house playground!
I was wrong, it WAS too hot already! About half way through I decided that wasn't my best idea but it was too late at that point! We got home and cooled off for a while. Chase took a nap, I checked my email and facebook, Adam watched tv, Sarah played "tangled"...notice her long pink hair!
Next we had lunch and I got that cleaned up. After lunch we read some books together.

This is Sarah's reading log for the library. I thought it was cute how the books she picked are so her!
We had some playtime upstairs. Chase watched as the big kids and I put together the Geo-trax and played with those for a little bit.
When he got sleepy I rocked him for a little bit and put him down for a nap.
I sent the big kids to their rooms for some quiet time. I came downstairs and had some quiet time too! (one of my favorite times of the day!) When rest time was over the kids played in their little pool in the back yard. I forgot to take pictures but they had fun out there. Chase & I were the lifeguards. Then it was time to come in for dinner.
Chase had squash and bananas. (He had two other meals today, I just forgot to take pictures!). The kids helped me make calzones for dinner. By help I mean Sarah poured a whole bag of cheese on hers.
After the cheese incident I sent them off to play with Lego's while I finished dinner.
We ate dinner and got the kitchen cleaned up and got everyone ready for bed.
I put the kids to bed and could have gone to bed myself! I didn't though. I waited up for Jake to get home, he worked late tonight. Somewhere in there I did some dishes and laundry and picking up around the house. It was a busy day! Now I can go to bed!

No comments: