Some of my friends with blogs do weekly posts like "Works For Me Wednesday" and "Thankful Thursday." I'm going to try adding these to my blog too. Hope you like it! Don't forget, anyone can leave comments, you don't have to have a google account. So for this first week, whats working for me is my new & current favorite cookbook:Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield
Have I told you how much I love this cookbook? I know some don't like it because the whole idea of it is that she wants you to deceive your family but that's not exactly how I'm using it. We have the hardest time getting Adam to eat fruit and veggies. Honestly Jacob and I aren't crazy about tons of veggies either, and the ones that I like aren't the ones that he likes and vice-versa. And besides, Adam is pretty much clueless about what's in his food anyway, so I really don't' feel like I'm lying to him. At his age, he has no idea that butternut squash isn't "supposed" to be in his grilled cheese sandwich. And he wasn't complaining when he ate some healthy cupcakes with carrots hidden in them. I decided it would be a good thing for our whole family. So I got the cookbook and started trying the recipes. First I had to spend an afternoon, peeling, cooking, and pureeing veggies. It took a while, but I've used them a lot and still have some left, so they are lasting a long time. Since then I've made all kinds of things that we already like, only now they have extra vitamins and nutrients because there are veggies snuck into them. She really has figured out just how much/how little it takes so that you really can't taste them. My favorites so far have been the potato soup (with cauliflower and carrot puree), oatmeal (with pumpkin), and the carrot cupcakes. So there you go, my first edition of Works For Me. What's working for you??
No comments:
Post a Comment