Monday, August 25, 2008
Just a glimpse
Just a Glimpse
by Natalie Grant
I don't have to fully know
Just how far Your love can go
To sing of Your love for me
I don't have to comprehend
How Your mercy never ends
To sing of Your mercy
And all I need is
All I really need is
Just a glimpse of YouAnd I'm in awe
Just a glimpse of You
My God
Just a glimpse of You
And all I can do is worship
[All I can do is worship You Lord Yea]
And I don't have to clearly seeHow amazing grace can be
To sing of Your grace for me
And I don't have to fully grasp
The measure of Your holiness
To sing holy holy
And all I need is
All I really need is
Just a glimpse of You
And I'm in aweJust a glimpse of You
My GodJust a glimpse of You
And all I can do is worship
I first heard this song in church, when I was pregnant with Adam. When you are pregnant, pretty much everything makes you think of the baby. So, this song was no different. It made me think of having an ultrasound and getting just a little glimpse of the baby and the life that was to be. And how God had given us this baby in his perfect time, because He had perfect plans for this baby and for our family. Since the first time I heard it, this song has been one of my favorites & I listen to it all the time.
So...now here we are, several years later and no longer pregnant! Now when I listen to this song I think of all that God is doing in our lives. I think of the ways that he shows us little glimpses of his love through the everyday things in our lives. When sweet little Sarah actually sits still enough to let me rock her to sleep. When Adam tells me how much he loves me. When Jacob tells me I'm an awesome wife. When our family is all gathered together to celebrate someone we love. When I have a really meaningful conversation with someone I care about. When I see the excitement buzzing around our church as we prepare to move into new building and reach even more people for Christ. When I reconnect with an old friend. When I think about the amazing Godly women that I am blessed to call my friends. When it feels like everything is going perfectly in my life. And when it doesn't but God gets me through it by putting the right people in the right place at the right time. Sure, sometimes he shows us how much he loves us in big, huge, amazing life changing ways. But I'm so thankful for the quiet, little glimpses of Him that I see every day. Look around your little world and I know you'll see them too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment