Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Visiting with my grandparents

I feel so fortunate to still have both of my grandmothers in my life & one grandfather. They live in the Baton Rouge area. I get to see them several times a year. This year was special becuase I got to be with both of my grandmas for their birthdays!
Some of the girls from our family met in Shreveport to celebrate Mamaw's birthday (my moms mom). Some gambled. Some shopped! We all ate a lot! We lauged a lot and just had a great time together! Most of my memories about Mamaw revolve around food- does that tell you anything about our family! ha ha! Really though, the reason for that is that she is a gourmet chef! She's been a homemaker for 58 years so she's had lots of practice!! She got married when she was 18 and then had five children! Now that I am a mom & a homemaker myself, I think of her so often and am so thankful to have such a wonderful example to follow! She is so precious to me, I love you Mamaw!
My Grams (dad's mom) means the world to me too! She is the sweetest, most giving person I've ever known! Everyone who knows her loves her! She's just fun to be around! We've always had a close relationship. She was married to my Gramps and they had seven children- five of them were boys! Anyway, this year the kids and I went to visit her on her birthday weekend. It was fun spending time with her. I'm so thankful that my kids get to know her too. She's precious to me too! I love you Grams!


While I'm on the subject of grandparents I'll tell you about my grandpa too! I have learned lots of life lessons from Papaw! He is someone who takes what life hands him and just makes the best of it! He has a positive outlook on life and just enjoys every day! He knows all there is to know about computers! He loves history and geneology. I could sit and visit with him for hours! Papaw is very special to me too! I love you Papaw!

No comments: