Wednesday, November 23, 2011

12 Months!


Well it happened. My cute little guy turned the big o-n-e. I'm happy. I really am. But I am a little sad too. Remember the Sesame Street book There's a Monster At The End of This Book, where Grover does everything he can to keep the reader from turning the pages? He ties them together with string, builds a brick wall and begs you not to turn the page especially as you get closer to the end of the book. I have felt like Grover these last few months as I have turned over the pages on his one year calendar. Each one just went by so fast and then it was time to turn over another one. I just wasn't ready to turn over that last one. When Grover gets to the end of the story it turns out that the book was about him and the monster isn't so scary after all. He's cute, lovable, furry Grover. Like Grover, I have reached the end of the one year book. As I flipped over that last page it turns out this "monster" isn't actually so bad after all. He smiles and claps and has the cutest little dimples. When he gives hugs he puts his sweet little face on my shoulder and pats my back. I'm sad with how fast the first year has gone by. But I am very thankful and blessed to be right where we are today with our cute, lovable, furry ,little monster baby boy.

At 12 months Chase is still cruising around and trying to stand a little bit but not walking quite yet. He is a good eater. He likes to feed himself. If we try to feed him he just wants to use the spoon himself. He usually eats what we are eating. I know my Hullinger family will be proud that he loves pizza burgers! He loves to open the cabinets and get everything out or just climb in them. He especially loves the one in the bathroom with the toilet paper...that's fun to tear up if I'm not looking! He can climb up the stairs and loves to go up and see what the big kids are doing. He plays with their toys and just loves to be around them. He is such a joy to have around! Happy Birthday sweet baby Chase!

No comments: