We did the usual BBQ, swimming and nap taking that we
usually associate
with Memorial Day weekend.
But this year we also did something special.
We went to the American Legion's display of the Field of Honor.
On the way I shared with the kids about my Papaw.
How he instilled in me
a love of our country, a pride for our military, an awe for our flag.
How he loved history and genealogy and how I want to
share his legacy with them by passing these things along to them.
Adam asked me if he could teach them to his kids someday. He said he was
afraid he might forget so could I remind him again at his wedding, I
might want to bring a pen and some paper. I love that boy.
Hopefully doing things like we did today will stick with them
and they won't have to be reminded at their weddings. :)
Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all who have served our country!
No comments:
Post a Comment